Thursday, August 12, 2010

Being a good neighbor

I've never been the kind of person who gets along with my neighbors and hangs out in the yard, until now. Living where I do now, The Man has been here for a few years and knows everyone, so we find ourselves doing exactly that. Half of our summer has been spent having a glass of wine in the backyard while talking to the neighbors over the fence. Their kids walk our dogs and mow our lawn (for a price) and we all keep an eye on each others houses. It's so domestic it hurts.

So, tonight is our block party, and TM (The Man) decided that our contribution should be Jucy Lucy's. Earlier this summer we had a cook off with a few of our friends with both professionals and non professional's in the food world cooking. I won neither category, which is fine with me, because I have some amazing cooks in my life. However it leaves me wondering what I can do to make my Lucy's better. Tonight I am going traditional; American cheese, light on the seasoning, because there are young children on the block and I want everyone to be able to enjoy it. Next time though... I'm thinking Greek. The farmers market in downtown has some good ground lamb, it would be amazing stuffed with Feta and then topped with Mozzarella (like how I capitalize my cheese names? I really like cheese) and fresh spinach. Hopefully I can test it out soon, and I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment