Friday, November 9, 2012

Apple Butter

I still have some leftover Cortlands from my visit to the orchard a couple weeks ago. I had been thinking apple sauce until I ran into this apple butter recipe on Sweetly Raw. I've never made Apple butter before, so I figured I'd give it a try. I modified it a little, of course.

6 Cortland apples chopped
3/4 cup water
scant 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice

2 tsp Vanilla

Roughly chop apples, leaving skin on. Bring all ingredients except vanilla to a boil in a sauce pan, and reduce to a low simmer for 45 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly, and blend with vanilla until smooth.

This is amazing. I'm going to freeze half of it, and I can't wait to have some on my toast tomorrow. I also just made a smoothie with apple butter, coconut milk, protien powder, ice cubes and extra cinnamon. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment